Analog to Digital

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lovemymcdreamy, Sep 30, 2012.

1. lovemymcdreamy

lovemymcdreamy Private First Class

I am not sure I am posting in the right place.
    I have a analog police scanner. Now most of the police stations are going digital. Is there any software or a way I can convert my police scanner to digital. A digital scanner is very expensive. My police scanner is radioshack pro desktop 405. Your help is appreciated. Again I am sorry if not posted in correct place. I don't know where else to ask this question.

Thank you

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Source: http://forums.radioreference.com/ka...radio-shack-noaa-pro-405-desktop-scanner.html

Appears that if it were possible even by July of next year, it would no longer work.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

This isn't really a solution, but in the mean time you might find if your local area is avaible on radioreference.com a free site which has a database of scanners that allow public listening.

5. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Just as an aside, the UK changed to digital police radios a few years back, using the airwave system. They took the opportunity to encrypt the transmissions. If this happens in the US then no amount of scanners will help you unless you have the key to the encryption.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds