I'm thinking this picture has got to be an edited phony!!?? LOL

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rogvalcox, Oct 24, 2005.

1. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

I know that Abby and some others of you are graphical enthusiat...so I thought I would throw this your way, to see what your take on it was!!!!

I got an e-mail from a friend a little bit ago, and it said something about not driveing over this for all the money in the world!!

So I checked out the pic and couldn't help but notice, what looked like a buch of cropped squares that were mended together to create the full picture, then I noticed that the shadows on the ground don't see very true to one another either!!!

Take a look and see what you think...nonetheless...it is an intersting picture!!

[​IMG]

Roger

2. Publius

Publius Sergeant

3. Todd

Todd oddity

the real question is why....there looks like there is a road down there..why build that huge bridge

4. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

straight shot I guess?? if you look at the roads going down the hillside...apparently it is so steep that they have to zig-zag back and forth!!

Also...Im always watching those shows on discovery and tlc about modern marvels and all those crazy engineering feats out there...and I would think that would be one, and i've never seen or heard anything of it!! But who knows!!

Roger

5. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

The best part is its one way

6. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

we have a similer highway through oahu. i cant find a picture, but its the H3 if anyone else can. after going accross a canyon, it then goes through a mountain. it has been called the most beautiful highway in the world. locally it is known as the highway to nowhere.

7. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

ok. managed to find one, but it doesnt do it justice.

Attached Files:

8. Tabasco

Tabasco Private First Class

That bridge would absolutely scare the snot out of me if I was driving over it.

9. star17

star17 MajorGeek

That's because it's a panoramic image. The object being photgraphed is so large that it cannot be captured in one image from an appreciable distance, so it is "pieced" together from closer in.

Similar photography was utilized for images of the lunar landscape & horizon during all those fake moon landings. ;)

10. Todd

Todd oddity

i knew it i knew it....finally someone from nasa came out and told us...

11. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Hmmmmm...I can definately see where you are coming from!!!! I just wasn't sure. That is why I thought maybe you guys might like to take a peek at it!!

But...nevertheless...it is an interesting photo, and I guess as far as driving over it...I don't think it would bother me too much!! I never was one to be afraind of heights, and I've pulled a 50 foot cargo trailer swaying in high winds accross a bridge over a canyon in the smokey mountains that was about 1.5 to 2 miles from one side to the other, and I didn't really think much about it!! In fact...I thought it was pretty cool!!!

Roger

12. star17

star17 MajorGeek

The bridge in the Florida Keys, if it is still standing, is 7 miles long. All over water, and until recently, barely had enough of an emergency lane to hold a mini-bike.

13. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

WOW...do they have emergency response vehicles constantly patrolling...or is it pretty much one of those, you're on your own situations??

Roger

14. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

15. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Cool Halo...you always come through with information facts!!!! That was interesting reading to compliment my morning coffee before I go to work!!!!

The only thing I can say....don't forget your oxygen tank!!!!

Roger

16. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

When I was a kid my parents took my bro and I on a narrow boat vacation on the Llangollen Canal in Wales, UK. As we crossed this huge viaduct my bro decided he was going to get out and walk across. You can see from the photos how high it is and that people on the right are walking across. However, my bro got out on the LEFT, where there is NO railing, and danced all the way across. My parents were beside themself but didn't want to alert him to the danger as it may panic him. So they finally managed to coax him into getting back in to steer the boat (something he had wanted to do the whole trip). THEN they showed him what he had done. He went into severe shock.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  17. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Nice part of North Wales Lev :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds