Software to create "Message of the Day" messages

Discussion in 'Software' started by MDrolet, Feb 15, 2005.

1. MDrolet

MDrolet Private E-2

Anyone familiar with a good tool for creating "Message of the Day" messages?

The environment is mainly a Windows 2000/2003 server environment with Windows XP professional for all the clients.

We have clients that access the network from as slow as dial-up to as fast as T1 connections and points in between. Currently we have a solution using Winbatch + Compiler created by someone who has since left us over 3 years ago. The process for updating the messages still works and hasn't changed, but the end result is "clunky" and loads slowly or not at all for dial-up folks.

My understanding of the tool currently in place (which is limited) is that the program lives on each users computer and calls to a .htm file that contains the current list of messages on the local server for that user. The program is set in the user's registry to start up when you log in to the Windows Client. The .htm file is simply modified in MS Word to update the messages, but it seems nobody currently working here knows the WinBatch+Compiler software or even if it is the best tool for creating network "Message of the Day" style messages.

Bear in mind I am not a programmer, so simpler is better.

Thanks in advance.
    -Mike Drolet

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

3. MDrolet

MDrolet Private E-2

Thanks, I'll take a look at it and see if it will meet our needs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds