BSOD help!! .dmp files attached!

Discussion in 'Software' started by avincelette, Jan 10, 2012.

1. avincelette

avincelette Private E-2

Hey everybody. My computer is fairly new and since the very first day I've been getting the blue screen of death and there are apparently a few reasons as to why. I'm not sure how to fix this and was hoping for some help. I attached what the .dmp files said!!

any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Honestly, you are all over the place from the Intel video card to the file system. You have not said what you have tried so far or how long this operating system has been running so I have a pile of ideas.

System restore back to before the problem started.
    Updating your video drivers.
    If possible, back up and retore the entire install of Windows.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I would have returned the computer. A new computer should work.
    I help Senior Citizens with computers and two of the people I help had the same thing happen to them. I told each to return the computer. They did and the replacement computers have worked with no problems.

4. avincelette

avincelette Private E-2

Yeah, I should have returned it, but it stopped doing it for a while but I think it's because I had been busy with school and spent less time on it.

I just updated my graphics driver, HOWEVER, when I run dxdiag, it keeps showing the old graphics driver? That's all I've done so far.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds