How do I disable sounds during ads while playing games that use flash player?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by smoketwibz, May 27, 2012.

1. smoketwibz

smoketwibz Private E-2

I have Windows XP sp3, Internet Explorer 8, and I have unticked IE's "play sounds in websites" option in the settings. Flash doesn't have an option for anything audio related.

How do I mute or disable the audio during advertisements while playing games that use flash player? The audio in these ads is always two times as loud as the music playing in the background. It doesn't matter if I'm using windows media player, winamp, VLC, or watching videos on youtube, when the ads start playing their audio is always louder than everything else. for a while they would have an option to mute on the ad, but not anymore.

I am having a hard time finding any information on this subject and it's frustrating. These ad's are intrusive, unnecessary, and they pop up every couple minutes.

Pogo.com is where I play these games that use flash player. In order to play there games, there can't be any pop up blockers running.

There has got to be a way to disable the audio from playing during these ads. If not, then the advertisers have way to much pull in this world.

Thank you for your time.

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

You can't, unless you just mute the volume on the computer.

3. smoketwibz

smoketwibz Private E-2

Really?!?

That is almost the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. At least we know who calls the shots from behind the scenes.

I cannot believe that people just passively accept this. How hard can it be to put an option in the flash player thing to disable sounds?

Since my OP a couple weeks ago, I have completely lost the ability to mute the ads when they happen and they have also got louder. Even when I'm watching a video or playing a song at a super low volume, when the ads pop up they are obnoxiously loud.

They already have advertisements everywhere on the internet that surrounds whatever it is one may be searching for. This is extremely unfortunate. It's sad how the people behind not putting the sound option on the flash player are most likely the same people using our modern technological advances to keep us down rather than help society flourish.

You can't even find an email address for adobe on their website, so that one could email them, which is, in my opinion, extremely suspicious.

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that you can do just about anything imaginable on a computer, laptop, or even on phone, but for some reason, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DISABLE SOUND IN FLASH?????

4. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

The only thing I can think of is to use FireFox and the plug-in Ad Blocker Plus. It stops the ads from playing in the first place. But if you have that going I believe Pogo will throw you an error.

Pogo.com doesn't have ads if you have a paid subscription. Odd how that is, ads are ANNOYINGLY loud and you can get rid of them if you pay. But you can't mute them, so you're left with paying or muting everything all together.

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

It is a all or nothing. As for calling the shots, you should talk to the owners of the gaming sites, not Adobe. Adobe is not responsible for the adverts. Also as I already mentioned, you do not want to hear them, turn off the volume, because sorry to say this, there is no in between.

6. huds9010

huds9010 Private E-2

I know it's been forever, but ACTUALLY it's never all or nothing.. I dunno if this would work exactly for the above but I know you can mute each individual browser window. Comes in handy when I'm watching Netflix but playing a game at the same time with Ads that have no sound control. Just rightclick the speaker icon and choose the 'mixer' and turn the browser window you want down or off.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds