dlink wireless router problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rkbiker89, Aug 30, 2005.

1. rkbiker89

rkbiker89 Private E-2

i just bought a dlink wireless di 524 router, and a dlink dwl g510 wireless pc reciever. i have connected my router directly to my cable modem without a pc directly connected to it. i first connected it to the computer to get it working, but then connected it to the cable modem after i have configured it. now when i use my internet, everything works except the internet on my aol. i could use internet explorer and aim, but when i want to look at pages through aol, its blocked. when i sign in to aol it says 2 programs are being blocked by a firewall. does anybody know how to fix this problem?

2. bubbles

bubbles Private E-2

See if you get that "firewall" message by setting a static IP on your PC, and enabling DMZ on your router.

IP address: 192.168.0.99 (make sure it's on the same network as the router)
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router's IP is)
    Primary DNS: 4.2.2.2
    Secondary DNS: 4.2.2.3

To enable DMZ:
    1) Log into your router config
    2) Go to Advanced --> DMZ
    3) Choose enable, and enter the IP address of 192.168.0.99
    4) Try your AOL browser

If this still doesn't work, there should be some configuration in your AOL browser that you can change. Although, I've never used AOL so I'm not 100% sure.

Also note that leaving your PC in DMZ mode will "disable" the firewall for the PC with that IP address entered.

3. rkbiker89

rkbiker89 Private E-2

k thanks bubbles that fixed it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds