Suggestion for MG homepage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NeoNemesis, Dec 10, 2004.

1. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I figured I would post it here, as to not flood the major's email inbox. You should put a small box under the stuff on one of the sides of the homepage that shows part of the subject for the last 5 posts in the forum. I've seen it before on other sites, and its pretty cool. just a suggestion though.

2. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

we would have to ban kodo first.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

ROLMAO :D

Neo's idea good tho?

5. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

How, in your estimation, would that be more useful than the "New Posts" function in the toolbar at the top of the forum pages?

6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I would be different from that. If people surfing the mg homepage saw a post topic that they would like, then they could go to there. I just think it would conveniant is all.

7. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

OK. I was just thinking from the point of view of a forum member, I guess. Didn't make sense to go to the main page when forum content was the object.

8. Thead

Thead Leave It To BeaVAR!

MY #1 suggestion.

Well, actually, killing him might be better...

But whatever you decide, I'm happy! :)

9. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

How about a Rant forum
    that way everyone can complain about everybody for fun
    ahh. .a roasting
    a new one every week

MG Roast for Members(but clean)

10. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

eh, we wouldn't have that many threads in there becusae there aren't many ppl to roast if you thinka bout it. and i think people would abuse that responsible and it would get out of hand.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds