Video Card Agp Slot?

Discussion in 'Software' started by BeerMonkey, Sep 9, 2004.

1. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

I AM SUCH AN IDIOT...
    I got a video card for $96 dollars and the card needs a AGP slot..
    I only have PCI slot!
    Its a ATI CELESTICA 256MB 128-BIT
    WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT WORK?!?!?!
    NEED A AGP SLOT!!!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I've heard rumors of an AGP to PCI converter and the only thing I found was in Japanese.. You could be SOL my man..

3. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

I just called my loca indie Electronics/Computer store and they said that they have never heard of a 'AGP to PCI converter'. -while they aren't perfect (especially in the price departement) they have always seemed to have access to the most obscure stuff. I'm leaning towards you needing a new MOBO if you want to use the AGP card. Sorry.
    Yours,

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

5. BeerMonkey

OMG where can i get the pci to agp converter!!!?!?!?!
    i would do anything!

6. BeerMonkey

I probably will upgrade...new mobo and a new case.

7. xqz

xqz Private E-2

In otherwords might as well get a new computer -_-

haha... If u dun need it, refund it and go for some computer package at some cheap stores... They sell packages with decent stuff on em at really good prices... I am not an Ebay person, but I heard that is best if u want to buy :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds