limited or no connectivity?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geekgirl_wannabe, Jul 3, 2006.

1. geekgirl_wannabe

geekgirl_wannabe Private E-2

I'm using a netgear adapter to connect to my wireless network.
    My netgear program sais it's connected to my network and signal is strong and all that.
    But my webpages won't load and there's an icon near the clock that has a picture of a computer with a moving yellow ball that says :
    and after a while it changes to :
    What do I do?
    Thanks...

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the forum geekgirl :)

Which windows version are you using? ( I will guess and pre-empt your reply and go with XP and SP2? )

Even with this Limited or No Connectivity message do you still get onto the internet ok?

a few options are;

1. Have you had any malware/spyware/virus infection of late?

2. Corrupt TCP/IP stack either just one of those things or party to the above Malware infection in that case running WinsockFix, may help... http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4372 ( do use the registry backup feature before clicking fix )

rare occurances.....

3. Can happen on occasion when you dont set at least a WEP key for security of your wireless connection... Set one and see if it changes.

4. If you can connect to the internet ok with no loss of speed, with that message then you can use this workaround http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892896

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds