Constant DC's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HabitualDomestic, Jul 13, 2007.

1. HabitualDomestic

HabitualDomestic Private E-2

ok, this has only been going on for about 2 weeks now, before this point my internet had been running basically smoothly.

Lately it seems like i'm being disconnected from the internet every 10 mins or so. the router lights will flash (or at least on the old belkin i had it did) and then reconnect nearly instantly. if i were the average person who just surfed websites and such i probably wouldn't even notice this. however, i play world of warcraft, and i watch video's online - both of which will die along with the connection.

basically, i'll load up world of warcraft ..play for 10mins, get disconnected from server...nearly instantly log back in...and start the irritating cycle over agian.

or

i'll go to youtube/veoh..etc. try to watch a video (i could watch them streaming no probs whatsoever previously) and it'll only load up about half of the video before what seems like my connection went down and then my browser will stop trying to load it, and i'll have to reload the entire page to get it to load up again, which of course it'll only get halfway or so through before it starts the same crap again.

i'm on wireless atm, have been for about 2months. i was using a belkin router, assumed that was the issue and have since replaced it with a trendnet router. i have also bypassed the router completely and hooked straight into my ethernet card. ... obviously, neither of these "fixes" helped. i have updated every possible thing to update for windows XP (my current OS) and my drivers. i've called up my isp and had him stay on the line talking to me the entire time while waiting for my connection to "disconnect" ...but on his end i am still receiving data w/o a single hicup during these episodes.

can anyone suggest anything else i can do save for formatting my pc.... with a baseball bat?

2. HabitualDomestic

HabitualDomestic Private E-2

oh, also, i ran netstat and i have around 10 and upwards of 16 connections.

and when pinging something like google.com say a thousand times - i only lose an average of 10. if any of this info is helpful.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds