Is my motherboard in need of replacement?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reliK, Nov 7, 2004.

1. reliK

reliK Private E-2

I am going to be doing some upgrades to my PC.
    Here's what I've got...

1GB DDR PC2700 RAM
    P4 1.7Ghz 256k cache
    Albatron Nvidia 5200FX (128MB)
    MSI 645 Ultra

If you click on the link to my motherboard specs, I'd appreciate if you could tell me if I would have to replace it in order to play World of Warcraft/Call of duty United Offensive well.

I don't mind upgrading my CPU/GFX card but I'd rather keep my motherboard if it's still able to run those two games nicely.

Also what cpu and vid card would you recommend for those games?
    Basically I'm letting you guys make my choices lol...

Thanks for your time.

2. SiLenZe

SiLenZe Private First Class

i have the same video card and a 3ghz pentium 4 cpu. im able to play world of warcraft at the default settings no problem.

what i would do is play the open beta which starts today. www.worldofwarcraft.com and see how it runs. if its too choppy or you want a higher resolution upgrade your video card first. like an ati 9800pro. if that doesnt meet your expectations buy a new motherboard and cpu.

3. reliK

reliK Private E-2

Well, I've been in beta for a while now.
    I just got done playing actually.

I get 20 fps MAX when I'm not around much.
    When I am in a town or near alot of mobs it's more like 10fps

That's on low settings with 1024x768 res.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds