add remove programs missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by hate_lowlifes, Nov 21, 2007.

1. hate_lowlifes

hate_lowlifes Private E-2

i need help...i needed to use the add remove programs in my control panel.....and guess what? they arent there...they were 2 weeks ago though....it only lists about 6 of my programs but i have alot more than that...why doesnt it show them? thanks

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Sometimes an entry corrupts and there is a ton of white space between the entries...are you sure you scrolled from top to bottom?

3. hate_lowlifes

im sure they are all missing...there isnt a scroll at all..becuz there are only about 6 programs showing......what can i do?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

System restore--something jacked them from the registry and there is no way tro replace the info unless you can do a restore, or reinstall them.

5. hate_lowlifes

you mean somebody hacked my pc and stole my programs? why not just go buy a xp cd? restore it to an eariler time maybe? will that work?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No. Use system restore, the system tool, in XP.

A reinstall/repair wont fix anything, and as for hacking...hard to say, its usually a registry cleaner that does it.

7. hate_lowlifes

ok.will do.thanks again.will let you know how it goes..i will prolly do it tomorrow..tc

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds