new ht.omega claro+ only playing sound out of front 2 speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the_artz19, Mar 26, 2011.

1. the_artz19

the_artz19 Private First Class

recently i purchased a ht omega claro+ to go along with my logetch z5500 speaker set up. all was working fairly well off of on board sound, as far as usually going through all of the 6 speakers(sub included). however after installing the new sound card, it would at best play out of the 2 front speakers(not mid, sub or other surrounds).

i have been in contact just recently with ht omega's support but figured i would widen my search for help, in case i decide/need to seek a refund or something from newegg.

i am running windows 7 ult 64 bit, and have been trying to use a optical cable to connect the main speaker control to the new card. i also disabled the on board sound in device manager and made sure that all other devices were disabled and/or the claro parts were selected as the defaults.
    yet, regardless of through windows or the provided program, only two speakers sounded. i tried both 5.1 and 7.1 with no changes, and a system restore gave an error so i guess that might be out of the question.

i hope i am missing something small, but if not hopefully i can turn this into a video card instead.

2. kaleckton

kaleckton Private E-2

Did you configure the speakers on playback inside the sound settings? I had this problem before and couldnt figure out why I was drunk until I realized it had to be configured. If not then I would suggest double check all the wiring make sure they are in the correct spot then check your hardware and confirm you dont have any issues inside the device manager. Also make sure you have the most updated drivers for your sound card to by going to the product page.

3. the_artz19

the_artz19 Private First Class

well i performed a system restore as i figured that something windows said a while back when i was trying to configure, might be messed up. after that it gave an error saying it could restore and nothing was changed, which might have been half true, as at least part of my system reverted. so with that i reinstalled the new driver and didn't bother to disable to on board sound this time(not sure if i will risk jinx'ing it).
    i had checked all possible settings between the windows and the new sound cards menus, but apparently i might have been doing that while windows was angry at me. so changing the the sound cards menus to dobly digital live this time( as per the support said), seems as though it might have done it.

of course, just to freak me out/piss me off, the speakers we incredibly slow to respond at first. saying only part of the message that it was meant to, showing the speakers were working.
    i am probably not going to too quickly jump to the conclusion that im all set, but in the very least its progress. had the same damned problems when i got a new headset that was usb with its own drivers, took forever to get to work.

thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds