Motherboard and video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcadam, Aug 2, 2005.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Ok so I got my motherboard back today after however many weeks it's been, Gigabyte "fixed" it and I got it back from the retailer. Connect it all up, had the same problem it originally had, turn it on and only the power light and the ram light come on on the board. You'd think psu right? No, and I bought a new one today when getting the board back. So I took everything off and it worked. Gradually added things and found it was the video card, my 9200 SE 128mb card. So tried a 64mb Radeon 9000 that we have and it worked!

Strange eh? It powers up with the 9000 but the original problem happens with my 9200. And I've been using the 9200 on my other pc since the fault happened with my motherboard, so it's not the card.
    Any ideas?? It's like it won't support 128mb cards or something!!!

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Come on people!

3. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Not sure about you specific situation....but...when I bought my abit board about 6 months ago...it stated in the manual (I know, I know...I hate reading the manual too) that this board would not work with a couple of different kinds of POPULAR video cards!! What's up with that...you with think that if you were going to develope a product...make it compatible with the popular crap...right...guess not!!

Roger

4. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

First thing I have to say about Gigabyte's repairs service is "They SUCK!"
    I had a GA7VT600 burn out was probably only three months old, it took two times sending back & about three months time to get repaired.
    The first time I sent it in it came back dead.
    The second time was good, got it back with a stick of 256mb pc3200 ram in one of the slots. ( the ram had sticker on it that said "test memory" they must have just forgotten to remove it, Kinda like the first time they forgot to fix it)

I do however like Gigabyte MOBO's, just cross your fingers, ya get a good one.

Maybe they didnt fix your board???
    Are ya sure you attached the 9200 correctly?

I got an extra 9200 SE 128mb, it's a Gigabyte too, you can have it for $30 plus shiping.

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Yeh I've inserted it properly etc and when I connect it, turn the psu on at the back and you get the error led come on by the agp port. This doesn't happen with the 9000. I was talking to goldie on msn last night and he suggested something about the apparature is it?? Well I went into that in the bios and it was set to 128mb card and it still didn't like it. Hmmmm. I'm going to ring the supplier tech support in a bit, see what they can make of it.

I might have to take you up on that card asus, providing you ship to UK :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds