Converting a batch file to a windows script

Discussion in 'Software' started by Falerin, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Falerin

Falerin Private E-2

I have a batch file that automates the opening of a database using a specified workgroup file. This is neccesary as many of those who will be using the application will find the task of selecting a workgroup file to be entirely too arcane. Clearly a script using Windows Scripting Host would be much preferred to this method which invokes an ugly cmd.exe window. (or command.com in earlier versions). I however am rather unfamiliar with the process... I have played very little with vbs and windows scripting host and while I use VBA in my access application quite readily the documents I have located online seem quite unable to help me automate this seemingly trivial problem.

I am actually not beholden to VBS and would accept JavaScript as readily or another alternative as well (presuming it will not involve installation of software on every target PC, it is safe to assume the target PC's have WSH enabled but not that they have ActivePerl or anything of that nature)

Any help or suggestions would be MOST appreciated

The Actual Batch file as it currently exists is listed below:

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" "%cd%\Client Database.mdb" /WRKGRP "%cd%\ClientDB.mdw"

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds