Anyone have a TRUE FREE Ringtone site??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pansygirl, May 10, 2006.

1. pansygirl

pansygirl Private E-2

Does anyone have a TRUE FREE ring tone site? I'm trying to find a free trial download of a Data Transfer Suite for my LG VX3300, so I can download wallpapers and ring tones. I bought a data transfer cable on eBay and think I got taken. I can plug it into the usb port and it will charge the phone, but hey, it was advertised as a DATA TRANSFER CABLE! Was supposed to come with the software, but they lied... just came with a cd with the driver. I'm trying a free trial of Datapilot, and my phone model is compatible, but the software can't find my phone... ARGH! :mad:

Anyway, does anyone know of a free download site??

Thanks,
    Pansygirl

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

try http://www.freewareaid.com/ Scroll down on the page and you will find some listed. Don't know if they are really free, but give it a try. Bazza

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

4. pansygirl

pansygirl Private E-2

Thanks Bazza! I'll check them out, I found one that looked really good in the UK, but now there is a charge per download. I'll keep working down the line.

Thanks mcadam, I'm in the US, but I appreciate your trying.

Thanks again,
    Pansygirl

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Just got a back copy of Australian PC user (August 2005), bundled with other mags. On page 86 (4 pages), there is an article about making your own ringtones, with "exclusive to PC User software", on the accompanying CD and DVD. (yep both).

Some of the software listed is:-

MIKSOFT Mobile AMR converter
    Darren's MP3 FoneToneGen
    Darren's MP3toWav converter
    Audacity audio editor
    Yamaha Wave Sound Decorator (WSD)

From reading the article, it appears there are 3 standards.
    MA series sound chip, you use the Yamaha stuff.
    If your phone supports MP3 ringtones, use the MP3 stuff above.
    AMR ringtones, use MIKSOFT stuff above.

I don't know how many of the above programs are freely available on the Net, try googling for them. I don't own a mobile (cell) phone so cannot comment if any of them work

Back Issues may be available from magshop@acp.com.au
    Website is www.magshop.com.au

Hope this allows you more research. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds