Boot Freeze

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kraft4Prez, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Kraft4Prez

Kraft4Prez Private E-2

I have a pretty unique problem I think.

My PC was running and my dog knocked the plug out of the wall. It was on a surge protector, but the PC wouldn't turn on after that. Finally I thought to disconnect the PSU and the wire connecting the powerbutton to the mobo, and then the PC would turn on, but it would only get to the boot screen (HP Screen) and would stop. I noticed the LED on my keyboard, and the laser from the mouse were just blinking rapidly.

Does anyone know what this could be? There is one beep when you start the machine, but I think it's always done that. Other then that there is no diagnostic lights or anything on the machine.

Thanks for any help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds