Need A Display Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by jek1862, May 18, 2010.

1. jek1862

jek1862 Private E-2

Under 'Display Adapters' it is recommending I update to the latest driver. Problem is I am having trouble locating the manufacturer's website for my particular driver.
    Here are the details on it: VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP 6/8/05 6.14.10.227. Recommends I update to:
    4/28/07 6.14.10.0364

I want to update the driver. Can you tell me where I can download this particular driver, a link would be greatly appreciated. Also place(s) where I can download the drivers I need for free would also be appreciated. Seems most every site I go to is pushing some driver software to get you to buy before they will allow you to get the driver, which I think is not right. Thanks for your help.

2. derron

derron Private E-2

Is this a custom built computer or a store bought computer? If it is store bought.. what is the model number? Generally right on the computer somewhere...

3. jek1862

jek1862 Private E-2

It is a store bought 5 year old Dell AMD computer. Some system information that might help:

By 'manufacturer' and 'mainboard' it says 'Unspecified'. By Mainboard it says: K8M800-M2. By Chipset it says VIA K8M800 (VT8380). Maybe that will help. Thanks.

4. derron

derron Private E-2

ok, on the physical BOX... it should say Dell Dimension... or Dell 3*** or some number generally in the front of the case.

5. jek1862

jek1862 Private E-2

I am still looking for that. In the meantime, I dug up some info. that may prove useful from my System Information. It says:

PNP Device ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3108&SUBSYS_18281019&REV_01\4&36226D3E&0&0008

6. derron

derron Private E-2

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version are you using?

Can run the Dell scanner to tell you the model number HERE and click Find my Service Tag, but also you can run the below as written and attach an Everest log as most of the time it will tell us the Dell Model.

You can find latest version at Via Arena who are the GFX chipset maker, and yours will be listed under K8M800/K8N800 UniChrome Pro, but would need your Windows version and Dell model to get correct or advise correct one.

8. jek1862

jek1862 Private E-2

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Good stuff, glad you have this resolved, cheers for the update.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds