Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by stevedross, Jun 27, 2007.

1. stevedross

stevedross Private E-2

Hey everyone,
    Recently, I've been trying to either right click or left click on mpeg files on a couple of different drives on my computer. Everytime I do, I get the following message Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary C:\WINNT\Eplorer.exe

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance
    Steve Ross

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

what you run on your comp?OS,give us some info.
    And post the original message,exactly how it shown, on your desktop.

3. stevedross

stevedross Private E-2

I work at a public access tv station and converted some of our shows on DVD to mpeg files using a program called Womble. Everything played back fine until yesterday when the attached message showed up. I'm running WindowsXP Professional with Service Pack 2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. stevedross

stevedross Private E-2

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

6. stevedross

stevedross Private E-2

Could find "Free Download Manager" on my system.

Steve

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

From further looking around, it seems that several things can cause this problem -PDF, photoshop, ADOBE, ZONE ALARM, and possibly more.
    If you right click My Computer, click manage, click Event Viewer, click application, you should see an exclamation(yellow triangle (or, 2, or, 3, o, more). If you double click these yellow tringles it will give you a fault / cause.
    If you post them back here, we might be able to help further.
    Otherwise, I advse disabling add-ons in Internet Explore, to see if it is an add on that is causing the problem - apparently it does not appear to be the operating system (microsoft say that in their replies to this problem )

8. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Try uninstalling Free download manager.

9. stevedross

stevedross Private E-2

Nothing suspicious showed in the Event Viewer. One thing however, a few weeks ago I "Ghosted" my C: drive to another internal drive. When I booted to that drive and selected one of the mpeg files everything was fine. Could it be in my registry, if so, how can I import the good registry into what could possibly be the bad one, and what are the pitfalls of doing so?

Thanks
    Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds