how decrease video memory speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ponnpooler777, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ponnpooler777

ponnpooler777 Private E-2

do enyone know?

2. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

All depends on what graphics card you have.

Why would you want to do that anyway?

Whats your graphics card and OS?

In some cases its a really easy solution.

3. ponnpooler777

Win xp pro
    Processor Intel Celeron 633
    320 mb memory
    and ge force 4 MX 440 SE

Videos and visualations are sticking, also games like Colin 2
    Some people adwaise to decrease video speed, it may be overclocked.
    Nvidia Draivers are updated ! Oders says that video gard get enough voltage.
    Or is it xp to good for my and should I install Win 98 ? Or Bios are not up to date like my SiSoftware Sandra 2005 says or is ti anything to whit the sandra adawaise to: IOQD is set too low! Performance will suffer!
    Dont know what to do!!!

4. ponnpooler777

Win xp pro
    Processor Intel Celeron 633
    320 mb memory
    and ge force 4 MX 440 SE

Videos and visualations are sticking, also games like Colin 2
    Some people adwaise to decrease video speed, it may be overclocked.
    Nvidia Draivers are updated ! Oders says that video gard get enough voltage.
    Or is it xp to good for my and should I install Win 98 ? Or Bios are not up to date like my SiSoftware Sandra 2005 says or is ti anything to whit the sandra adawaise to: IOQD is set too low! Performance will suffer!
    Dont know what to do!!!

5. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

Ok well your problem may lie with your game settings. Try decreasing the quality of your running game. Lower the resolution and stuff and see if that helps.

Anyway if you want to underclock you card you use the same method as over clocking but just in the opposite direction. Use one of these programs

radclocker -> http://users.adelphia.net/~webspace/RadClocker2025.zip

or

riviatuner -> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

I have only ever used riviatuner i recomend this.

To underclock you need to reduce your GPU's clock frequencies. With riviatuner when you run the program on the main tab go down to driver settings and click the small triangle beside customize. Then click the first box(SYSTEM SETTINGS) that appears.

Here you will see two sliding scales. These are you core and memory frequencies. to underclock your card i suggest you move the core slider -5 and the memory -10. Apply these settings and test them out.

Hope this solves your problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds