Realtek audio driver- Toshiba m600

Discussion in 'Software' started by a_m, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a_m

a_m Private E-2

My laptop is toshiba m600, i have a problem with the audio. The sound icon in my taskbar is crossed and it says "no audio devices is installed". I've already experienced this kind of problems before, i've downloaded again the realtek audio driver, installed it restart the laptop and the sound is back.
    But now that solution is no longer works, i lost the sound again but this time after i installed the realtek audio driver and restart the laptop, the condition is still the same, the laptop won't detect my audio driver. I've tried to uninstalled and then installed again but it didn't work.:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry
    Could someone please please please help me with this problem.http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    I searched the Toshiba web site and found no reference to a model "M600". Please attach an Everest report to your next post....

3. a_m

a_m Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry i don't really get it, i've already downloaded and installed the PC tools Registry Mechanic, scanned and then repair but i didn't register. After the scan i couldn't find "report" like u said

4. nnnowhere

nnnowhere Private E-2

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:confused If you can point out anywhere that I mentioned using any software by PCTools, please do so. I have never, and will never recommend using Registry Mechanic for anything. So, lets try this again. Download EVEREST by clicking on THIS LINK, or use the link in the steps below, the two links are exactly the same. The program is 100% free, and does not require any registration. Install it after it finishes downloading. Then follow these steps to attach the EVEREST report to your next post:

6. a_m

a_m Private E-2

Sorry for the misunderstanding dlb, i already have the report now, but i just can't attached it because the file is too big it's 280kb.

7. a_m

a_m Private E-2

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

You can compress it with WinZip or use Windows XPs built-in file compression tool.
    -OR-
    You can split it in to 2 smaller files and upload each one.

To use the built-in Windows compression tool: right click the file to be compressed, mouse to "Send to >", select "Compressed folder" from the list that pops up and follow the on-screen steps.

9. a_m

a_m Private E-2

Here is my report, thanks before for your help

Attached Files:

10. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:celebrate I found your drivers! They were buried deep in the Toshiba-Asia web site, but luckily they have an English-language site. The audio driver is split into 4 parts (??? strange ???). Here's the links:
    Part1: http://202.52.101.245/drivers/public/doc/PM600_XP_Sound_Driver(5.10.0.5413).part01.exe
    Part2: http://202.52.101.245/drivers/public/doc/PM600_XP_Sound_Driver(5.10.0.5413).part02.rar
    Part3: http://202.52.101.245/drivers/public/doc/PM600_XP_Sound_Driver(5.10.0.5413).part03.rar
    Part4: http://202.52.101.245/drivers/public/doc/PM600_XP_Sound_Driver(5.10.0.5413).part04.rar
    (these are direct links; the download dialog will open without being routed to a different web site)

The files are zipped as RAR files. Part one is an .EXE file; if you put all 4 downloads in to the same folder and double click on part 1, all 4 parts will combine when extracted. The end result will be a single folder called "PM600_XP_Sound Driver...". You can then open that folder and launch the "setup.exe" file.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

11. a_m

a_m Private E-2

Dlb i've download the files, extract it, and then enter the setup.exe, then when i want to installed it, i clicked next then it says "no driver was supported in this driver package". Actually i've tried downloading a few different version realtek audio driver (this one is realtek audio driver R. 61, i've tried R.67, R.75, and few others) and the result is always the same either like this one (no driver was supported in this driver package) or i've completed the installation and then restart the computer but the computer doesn't detect it (it' still no sound- but when i check control panel the program is alredy installed)

12. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall any sound drivers that may be listed. Restart the PC. Then run CCleaner on the registry and hard drive to get this cleaned up; restart the PC again. Download and install the chipset drivers from this link. Again, restart the PC. Download and install KB888111; it is the Microsoft HD Audio Update and you can download it from this link. Then use the Hardware Wizard to install your sound drivers. If you're unfamiliar with the Hardware Wizard, use the steps I posted in this link to install the sound drivers without having to run the .exe file.
    Good luck!

13. a_m

a_m Private E-2

it's not working:cry it says "the driver is already updated", now i'm thinking about recovering my windows:cry maybe that's the only way, thanks anyway for your help

14. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:-o I made an error. For some reason I thought you were using Windows XP, but you're actually using Vista. I apologize deeply for the confusion.... here are links to the Vista sound drivers:
    Part1: http://202.52.101.245/drivers/public/doc/PM600_VISTA_SOUND_DRIVER_V6.0.1.5473_PPM60_PPM61.part1.exe
    Part2: http://202.52.101.245/drivers/public/doc/PM600_VISTA_SOUND_DRIVER_V6.0.1.5473_PPM60_PPM61.part2.rar
    They will extract like the other ones did, and should install using the .EXE file. If not, you can go through the Device Manager; the steps will be different from the XP instructions, but should be close enough that you can use the same info that I posted earlier....

Again, I apologize for assuming you were using WindowsXP. Most people with Realtek audio problems have issues with XP, not Vista, so I just assumed.... I'm sorry :cry

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  15. a_m

a_m Private E-2

I'm sorry it took me some time to get back to you dlb, i was busy. Unfortunately the result is still the same:cry After i installed and then restart, still nothing happen the audio symbol is still crossed, and i checked control panel the program realtek audio is already there.. :cry

16. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Did you first uninstall any current Realtek audio drivers via the Vista equivalent of Add/Remove Programs before installing the drivers I linked to above? Hmmm... my only other suggestion would be to try this driver.

17. a_m

a_m Private E-2

sorry dlb i was busy. Hey i tried your latest solution, and guess what? i got my audio back hehe..:celebrate, thanks dude you're a real savior:clap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds