formatting hd

Discussion in 'Software' started by HighPlainsCowboy, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Well I''m not sure whats wrong with my computer but I keep getting disconnected from my internet provider (wmconnect). My son has a laptop and doesn''t have any trouble so I know it's not my ISP. I leaning toward just reformatting and doing a zero fill to take care of it but to be honest that is a real pain in the azz! Does anyone out there have any suggestions. My system is an AMD 550 running windows98 se with all the updates. I''m not sure I should have installed all the updates but I did. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

HPC

2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

If that's all that's wrong, it sure doesn't merit a format and re-in. Can you compare your settings with your son's? Have you tried a software connection-keeper that dings your ISP very few minutes? Most of all, have you CALLED your ISP and described the problem?? They WANT your business, and they shd be happy to help you solve the problem.

Have you checked the control panels for your connection in Dial-Up Networking? ( I don't know whether the ISP you listed is broadband or not.)

3. jammerman0101

jammerman0101 Private E-2

walmart connect uses a timer and might be behind it . It is suppose to prompt you with a message that says you have been idle a while and asks yes or no to staying online ,,it has a bell that rings too ,,but if you arent on the walmart connect page and sound is off ect you may never see it .

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds