Immediate Help Please! Network Test Failed!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rtf15, Oct 9, 2004.

1. rtf15

rtf15 Private E-2

When my computer starts up, my anti-virus (eTrust EZ Antivirus Personal Edition) immediately alerts me to the following:

Network Test Failed!
    EZ Antivirus has found a problem with your networking. It appears that a simple network test has failed. This could mean that you may experience problems with network connectivity or email. The cause is most likely a Layered Service Provider (LSP) conflict or other LSP related problem.

I have followed their instructions, which were to remove all adware (which I did using Adaware SE personal) but I still have no connectivity to the internet (I am writing this thread on another computer).

It should be noted that exactly prior to this problem, I had downloaded the P2P file sharing program "Morpheus" which was full of adware and is probably the source of this problem. I removed it, and the associated spyware but the problem remains.

In sum: My adaware and anti virus are unable to detect or remove the problem, and I have no connectivity to the internet (everything else seems to work fine).

I have HiJack This and have saved the log file, but I will wait to post it until you need it. Any prompt help is very appreciated, Thank you.

2. rtf15

rtf15 Private E-2

Re: P.S Immediate Help Please! Network Test Failed!

PS My computer is a Dell Inspiron 2500 (about 3-4 years old) and is running Windows XP Professional. I was using the Service Pack 2 but uninstalled it in a vain attempt to fix the problem. It has an Intel Celeron Processor at 897 Mhz with 384 MB of RAM.

3. trentw2323

trentw2323 Private E-2

4. rtf15

rtf15 Private E-2

Worked like a charm. Thank you for your help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds