Realtek 9'7 Audio issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gea, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Gea

Gea Private E-2

Hey, question for you guys. I am running XP and use Realtek 9'7 audio drivers. I recently discovered that the drivers is what has been making my computer crash every so often. The version of the driver is 3.99, which I discovered from your website to be known to cause problems with XP. Would finding an older version of the driver cure the problem, or am I doomed?

Yeah, if you need any more information about my PC, please ask.

2. Absolutexero

Absolutexero Private E-2

try uninstalling the driver first and run the computer without the driver, see if it still crashes, also are you getting a blue screen error or is it freezing up or what?
    if it still crashes without the driver installed, then you need a new sound card, if not try the older drivers, and if they still do the same thing it's a faulty card, get a new one, also might wanna check your IRQ

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

not really, it just means that it may not be your sound card causing the problem.

4. Gea

Gea Private E-2

I get a BSOD with: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
    Stop: 0x 0000000A 0x 00000005 0x 00000002 0x 00000000 0x80500483

C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERac56.dir00\Mini040307-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\ROBERT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERac56.dir00\sysdata.xml

Basically I went through alot of steps and the only thing that stopped the problem *was* disabling the drivers. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled them (still version 3.99) and the problem resumed. Yes, I could just disable it and have a stable system without sound, but I'd like sound.

I guess the next step is trying older drivers, unless this problem is something else?

5. Gea

Gea Private E-2

Ah yes... older drivers did not work :<

6. roguetrip

roguetrip Private E-2

what drivers did you try? try either 3.97 or 3.98 and see what happens.

I use 3.99 on my A8N32SLI-DLX and have no issues with BSOD's, my system runs good.

7. Gea

Gea Private E-2

Yeah, I tried 3.98 and the problem persists. =/ so now when I play games I'm just disabling it and dealing with no sound. *sighs* It is only a temporary solution...

8. roguetrip

roguetrip Private E-2

Hey, for games try and see if this helps

click on start
    go to run
    type dxdiag
    go to sound and under Hardware sound pull the notch from full acceleration down to the next setting, if it still does it then pull the notch again until it stops crashing.

I've never seen the problem your having except back on my 98 gaming system which i have to run like 3.64 or something, anything newer gives me a BSOD. Maybe try the drivers that came with the mobo?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds