source file is corrupted while installing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zizyx, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Zizyx

Zizyx Private E-2

Dear Majorgeek,

I hoped that i wouldn't have to look for help but it seems i have to.

Lately almost every game/software etc i try to install gets the following message:

an error occurred while trying to copy a file
    the source file is corrupted

This is especially happening when i try to install something via a cd/dvd or via an iso (mounting the iso via software) (2 images are added in this post with the issue)

i tried nearly everything to find out what it is. I know for sure it isn't the cd's/dvd's or iso's because they all worked in the past. I also reinstalled windows 7 and did a complete reformat but the problem still persists. I have no clue what to do from here and I hope maybe someone here does have.

my specs:

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor (4 CPU) ~ 3.2 GHz
    4 gigs ram
    Club3d ATI Radeon 5850
    Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 motherboard

Any help is deeply appreciated

Thanks from Zizyx

Attached Files:

2. Zizyx

Zizyx Private E-2

Anyone got ANY suggestion what could cause these issues?

Also i forgot to mention that the whole pc is less then 3 months old so hardware failure should not be a likely problem i think.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Disconnect from the internet, and turn off your security programs. When you go to install because windows 7 has you in a limited account, right click and choose to install as an administrator.

4. Linne

Linne Private E-2

Did you solve this? Cause I got the same problem, really annoying.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Linne, welcome to Major Geeks.
    Please start a new thread with your problem. As you can see this thread is almost 2 years old and the poster made 2 posts and has not returned.

Go here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 and click the new thread button near the top left. Mention the version of windows you are running, what you are doing and the error(s) that occur.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds