How does one turn on the full headers in Hotmail?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimpeel, Jul 12, 2009.

1. jimpeel

jimpeel Sergeant

I have searched and searched through the help files and I can not find the option -- which USED to be there -- for turning on the full headers in mail pages.

I am trying to report a Nigerian 419 scam attempt and need the full header to trace the e-mail so the source can be shut down.

Thanks for any help.

J

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I don't run live/msn/hotmail so I can't test but I found these instructions.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To see the full email including all header lines in Windows Live Hotmail:

* Click on the desired message in the list with the right mouse button.
    * Select View source from the menu.

To make MSN Hotmail display all header lines:

* Select Options from the top MSN Hotmail navigation bar.
    * Make sure the Mail category is selected.
    * Choose Mail Display Settings.
    * Set Message Headers to Full.
    * Click OK.

3. jimpeel

jimpeel Sergeant

The first thing worked to get the report on the source of the message.

Thanks.

However, the second method is the manner in which one USED to turn on the headers so they would show in the message when you opened it.

Apparently, they have changed the program and, in some fit of insanity, decided that they would simply eliminate the ability to turn the headers on.

I have sent them a feedback query; but I have never gotten a response from them in the past so I hold no hope of getting a response this time.

Thanks,

J

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds