AMD Athlon 64 x2 MSI MOBO HELP OVERCLOCKING

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sk8r1der4l1fe123, Nov 15, 2007.

1. sk8r1der4l1fe123

sk8r1der4l1fe123 Private E-2

I really need some help overclocking, I've got an MSI K9A platinum mobo running an athlon 64 x2 5600 and I want to get it too at least 3.1ghz stable, I have a custom cpu heatsink and fan so temp is not a problem, I'm just a little confused with how the memory voltage and cpu voltage work. And how to make the computer stable and not crash at 3.1ghz

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  2. uberuberuber

uberuberuber Private First Class

Lower the HTT davider to 4 and lower your memory davider.

Then oc in 5 mhz increase checking for stability each time. When you become unstable give the cpu a little more volts but dont go over 1.55 if you got water cooling. watch the heat.

But dapending on what stepping that X2 is it will top out at 3.1-3.2ghz and getting them stable at that will require alot of tweeks and volts. you should be able to get it stable at 3ghz but windsor cores dont oc very well.

Try running it at 13.0x231 and see how shes does.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds