How to Remove the Gateway Splash Screen:

Discussion in 'Software' started by bjplack, Sep 3, 2008.

1. bjplack

bjplack Private E-2

I am running a Gateway 500 with XP home.The problem I'm having is when the "GATEWAY" logo (boot screen) comes on, its for a considerable amount of time, then the black screen with blinking cursor and then my XP logo appears. These 2 items hang for a total of app 3 min. I have removed all unnecessary Icons, running processes,start-up menu, and ran all tools. Any info on booting without the splash and black screens is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

I believe the Gateway splash screen you are talking about is right when the computer powers on. All that does is cover up the boot information. You can turn that off in the bios setup, look for boot options and turn quiet boot off (or something that says show splash logo). This shouldn't speed up boot any, as the computer is still doing the same amount of work. Try turning on quick boot in the boot options, if it is not already turned on.

About the blinking cursor, it is probably checking for operating systems in your cd-rom drive, floppy drive and across your network. Try going to the boot options in Bios setup and making your hard drive the first option to check for an operating system.

3. bjplack

bjplack Private E-2

Thank you for your rapid reply! I opened BIOS, however could not get any where, as (Fast Boot) is selected, even tho I still have the silly cow box, Gateway logo, and continue to get the black screen w/blinking curser. I will continue to try to get rid of these. Again, thanks for your assistance! BJ

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds