Gateway monitor won't work with Gateway computer.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zort, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Zort

Zort Private E-2

A few months back I got a Gateway FPD2185W HD monitor that works fine with my old computer (AMD2000xp G-force card with XP-OS). I picked up a new Gateway FX4710-UB003A tower (Intel quad core 64bit g-force card Vista home prem64bit-OS).

The problem, the Gateway computer will not work with the Gateway monitor. I have a small Acer monitor and it works fine with the new tower, and the Gateway monitor works fine with my old computer. Both using DVI cables to connect to the tower. I even replaced / returned the tower and the second one did the same thing, so it must be a monitor thing. I would like to use the Gateway monitor due to its large size. I have even tried to boot into safe mode, but with no signal from the first makes this is even impossible.

Gateway support can't help, and best buys geeks are no help at all. So can anyone give me some idea to what is the problem? There are no drivers I can find on the internet for the monitor, (standard PIP lcd drivers should work) One computer, maybe a video card, but two, has to be drivers, monitor, or some 64bit hassle.

So HELP! Anyone!

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

3. Zort

Zort Private E-2

The computer came with the Nividia 7.15.11.7516 driversRelease Date: 9/2/2008, (Ones shown on the Gateway page). I downloaded and tried the newer 178.13 Release Date: September 25, 2008 drivers on Nividia's site. Both have the same results. I went out and got a new 24" LG brand monitor, and it works fine. The Gateway Monitor works on any other computer I hook it up to, just not the Gateway computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds