Third party programs and toolbars; what you need to know

Discussion in 'Software' started by Major Attitude, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Majorgeeks has been in the file download business for almost 14 years now. We also ran similar download sites before that giving us almost 20 years of experience providing downloads. A lot has changed in that time.

This article shows some screenshots and explains how and why it works and how you can opt out, which you almost always can.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/third_party_programs_and_toolbars_what_you_need_to_know.html

Please share and save some of your friends or relatives from themselves.

2. mister.g

mister.g Private E-2

Hello This is my first post. I have used a all in one program for quite a while. This week I read that it comes from China and has had patient issues so I deleted the product. How do I now protect my machine from virus, male ware and regular repairs. I see that you advertise the company that I have questions about ion the top right of this page.

3. Major Attitude

What company? You need to be more specific. Some Google ads we dont control. We can help you, though common sense applies when surfing, especially downloading as explained in this article.

4. mister.g

mister.g Private E-2

The program is Iobit Advanced system care pro. It was my all care maintenance and virus. I just didn't let it touch the registry.

5. Major Attitude

IObit is easily trusted and good software. I also agree, there's no point messing with your registry. I assume by patient, you meant patent, we know the owners of IObit and Malwarebytes and that was resolved. Both companies are the best of the best.

6. pcunite

pcunite Private E-2

This is why when I see "free" software I turn up my nose. Unless they're living with their mother, someone has got to make money. I have no problems paying a small fee for something useful.

If it's "free", you're the product.

7. SirKnosAlot

SirKnosAlot Private E-2

during install,read dont just click next. You have the option to opt out of bundleware.Someone has to pay for the CODE so they OFFER you the software. Read DONT just click NEXT NEXT NEXT..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds