Chrome Browser

Discussion in 'Software' started by Blueone, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

When typing in a password, Chrome used to show dots. However, now it's showing text. I've searched high and low on how to get the dots back but can't find any help. For some reason no matter how you phrase it, the results want to tell you how to change from dots to text.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I think you need to change from this
    <input type=”text” name=”Passwd” id=”Passwd”>
    to this <input type=”password” name=”Passwd” id=”Passwd”>
    by selecting Inspect Element
    Directions are here: http://www.digitalsensus.com/2013/05/reveal-hidden-passwords-in-chrome-and-mozilla-web-browsers.html

The other option is to look over your addons and see if you have one that toggles the password visibility off to on.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/show-hide-passwords/jdlainjaalmfjjpjmedhchmaclcbbbpe?hl=en
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...rds/panhbjhhhpldcicghpekhonnmfnpgibd?hl=en-US

3. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

Thanks Plodr, I'll give it a try.

4. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

Well I'm back and things are a bit weird. When trying to log into Google Chrome, the inspect element already shows password in the input area mentioned. Also when using the password, it just shows dots. I go to my own web site and it still shows text when entering my password and when I went to the "inspect element" section, it doesn't show a place to change the text to password. BTW, I don't have any addons like you mentioned.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Undo the change you made because that didn't solve the problem.
    The next thing to do would be to save your passwords then clear all the passwords and the browser cache and see if that fixes the glitch.

The last option would be to save bookmarks and passwords, uninstall chrome then reinstall it.

6. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

First of all, I didn't make any changes, and I didn't have any passswords saved. I may need to reinstall chrome but why?

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Would you mind linking your site so we can see what you are referring to?

8. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

I don't mind but it isn't just happening at my site. When I signed in to Major Geeks just now, it showed text for my password.

http://bigblueheaven.proboards.com/

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

11. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

12. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Nopers.

You need to upload it to the post.

13. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

I thought I knew how to do that but evidently not.

14. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

15. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

16. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

17. Blueone

Blueone Corporal

I keep getting invalid file, this is the best I could do.

AdBlock 2.6.18
    The most popular Chrome extension, with over 15 million users! Blocks ads all over the web. Permissions Visit website
    Reload Enable

Adblock Plus 1.7.4
    The free adblock tool for Chrome: Blocks annoying video ads on YouTube, Facebook ads, banners and much more. Permissions Visit website
    Reload Enable

Chrome Virtual Keyboard 1.10.1
    Fullscreen on-screen virtual keyboard for touch screen devices Permissions Visit website
    Allow in incognito Allow access to file URLs Reload (Ctrl+R) Launch Options
    Reload Enabled

FastestFox for Chrome 8.0.9
    Save time and enhance your productivity! Get quick definitions, auto-load next pages, search faster, and more. Permissions Visit website
    Allow in incognito Reload (Ctrl+R) Launch Options
    Reload Enabled

Google Docs 0.5
    Create and edit documents Permissions Visit website
    Reload Enable

Hot Virtual Keyboard Extension 2.0
    Brings up the virtual keyboard when entering text input fields. Hot Virtual Keyboard has to be installed and running. Permissions Visit website
    Reload Enable

OX: Bookmarks you'll be happy to look at. 0.224
    Replace your new tabs page with a beautiful, fast and simple list of bookmarks. Permissions Visit website
    Reload Enable

Sexy Undo Close Tab 7.4.13
    Accidentally closed your last tab? Tired of losing tabs in Incognito? Don't worry, everything is possible with this sexy extension! Permissions Visit website
    Reload Enable

Speed Dial 2 1.7.9
    Speed dial 2 is ultimate replacement of new tab page with fast access to your most visited pages, bookmarks and browsing history. Permissions Visit website
    Allow in incognito Allow access to file URLs Reload (Ctrl+R) Launch Options
    Reload Enabled

Sticky Notes Online 2.0.0.5
    Sync Chrome Notes to your Android, iPhone, Nokia and your (Win/Mac) Computer and your Google.com homepage. Permissions Visit website
    Reload Enable

Get more extensions

The only ones I have enabled are Speed dial2, fastest fox for chrome and Chrome virtual keyboard.

18. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

The only other thing that I can think of would be malware.

Try it in Safe Mode w/ Networking.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds