Re: READ & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support

Discussion in 'Software' started by butterfly090965, Mar 18, 2014.

1. butterfly090965

butterfly090965 Private E-2

Hi Tim,

I am in a big predicament. I have a flash drive with some important files. Something went wrong. They are supposed to be for the most part Word file but what I can see is one folder named "found.ooo" and inside there are what I believe is all my files with the name file #. The extension is .CHK there are 4200 files in this folder they all have the name and the number is sequential and the extension .CHK.

Thank you for any help and suggestions. I will wait for your guidance.:(

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Since you never completed your request a year ago, I have moved this topic to the software forum.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here's your earlier thread.
    Notepad is found under Accessories.

If the extension is CHK, someone ran check disk on that flash drive. I have never been able to glean a bit of useful info from a CHK file.

Your best bet, if the files are important and you did not back them up elsewhere is to find a file recovery service.
    I can't recommend any. If files I important, I archive them in 2 or 3 different places so if one copy goes bad, I have other backups available.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds