Need to sort training material that we offer to clients in a database.

Discussion in 'Software' started by avz10, Sep 19, 2011.

1. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

I am very new to this and need help please. I apologize for the long description and perhaps in the wrong location!?

Our company is planning to develop a database that would contain all our training material/tests/reading material/etc. and I need advice how to develop this.

Our company works in the healthcare field and we accredit hospitals, etc. We do a number of training sessions, mostly for our clients. The contracts and the types of presentations vary.

The core message that we convey to clients is the improvement of the quality in hospitals, etc. For this, we train clients how to do a self-evaluation using our assessment instrument. This training involves orientation of our product to members at healthcare facilities and training on actual self-assessments of their facilities. We also give lectures on quality improvement, how to develop policies, auditing, etc.

Every client obviously has different needs, but this is what we normally do if we train staff at a facility:

• Provide pre-training reading material
    • Sometimes a pre-test
    • Training for 3-5 days, which will include a PowerPoint presentation, case studies and mock surveys where the trainees actually do physical scoring in a hospital.
    • Post-training test
    • Post-training feedback to be filled in by the trainees
    • Analysis of the results.

For instance- For every presentation, one will need an attendance list, icebreakers, the PP slides, the "mock survey" documents, feedback, tests, etc. So it would be nice to have the ability to set up all the training for a session and then link a specific PP lecture, a specific test, etc to that training session.

So the main goal is to set up a database that will include all these components. I was contemplating if I should arrange a folder per type of facility/contract and then include the above mentioned information in it, or should I group all the presentations together, all the tests together, etc.? Or is the best to have a “master index” with links to these sub-divisions?

An example:
    At this stage, I have numerous folders under "Professional Development" and need to sort them out as a first step.

[​IMG]

You will see there are folders for Presentations; Feedback after training, Tests; etc.
    If I open "Powerpoint presentations", then this is what I find:

[​IMG]

Any ideas/examples from anyone? I do not know Access, so I suppose that can be a possibility. Any other programmes or suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

A couple of links that might help, while you are waiting for a more knowledgeable reply than mine. :major

write help procedures
    http://www.google.com/search?q=write+help+procedures&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

write procedure manual
    http://www.google.com/search?q=writ...&safe=images&tbs=#hl=en&lr=&q=write+procedure
    +manual&revid=1816497171&sa=X&ei=Ac53TqyYBaOriAeGs6jEDA&ved=0CEQQ1QIoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1e0a81a1610e3792&biw=1280&bih=633

help files
    http://www.google.com/search?q=help+files&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=

Hope these provide some useful tips.

Bazza

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

Will start to get going!

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

You might also like to check out ZuluPad Pro at
    http://www.gersic.com/zulupad/zulupadPro.html

But I don't know how network aware, or safe, it is. :(

I use the free version on my laptop with excellent results, but not on a network.

Also check Are you a data lover or hater? at http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=244439

That might provide some answers as MG'ers reply.

Bazza

5. avz10

avz10 Private E-2

This is what I had in mind, but I am open for any suggestions/any other structure/any other forum that might help:
    [​IMG]
    These are the different categories/departments that provide training, except for “Generic documents” that would include blank forms e.g. attendance registers, customer feedback forms, etc. So there must be some sort of link between all the other categories/departments and “generic documents”
    Per category/department this will sub-headings as seen e.g. pre-training reading material, participants, curricula, etc.
    [​IMG]
    In Powerpoint presentations, these will be different groupings e.g. Standard Interpretation training which will include different trainees/contracts
    [​IMG]
    And under “General” there will be some examples of presentations.
    [​IMG]
    This is my suggestion. So my request is
    Any other format/outlay
    With what programme will I be able to present the initial framework with the ability to link between a department and the generic documents.
    Thanks for any advice!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds