Hi, Require help finding Vista drivers for a Advent 5611

Discussion in 'Software' started by No-one, Oct 31, 2009.

1. No-one

No-one Private E-2

Hi,

A friends laptop recently went FUBB and after a while of messing arround with tech guys asked me for help... I promptly told her to back up her HDD and no sooner had she done so her OS began having SERIOUS issues.

Anyhow long story short, did a clean install of 'dows vista 32 bit home premium and now could do with a link to the relevent drivers. Keyboard and mouse work fine so it just making sure that she has the right drivers for networking the computer so she get updates for them all...

Thanks in advance...

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

3. No-one

No-one Private E-2

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply... I had tried that link but I did not get an email from them either from registering or their download form thing...

I don't know if anyone can access them but if they can would they mind hosting them on another site so I can get access to them to forward on...

Thanks...

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Unfortunately, I think that Biotic site is for harvesting email addresses, so keep an eye on your amount of spam in the near future. Here's your drivers:

Video: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=17407&ProdId=2800&lang=eng
    Audio: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_VistaWin_7_d5513.html
    Wireless: ftp://WebUser:Ds8MtJ3@202.65.194.212/cn/wlan/8187SE_WindowsDriver_5_6.9108.1015.2009.zip
    Ethernet: ftp://WebUser:Ds8MtJ3@152.104.238.19/cn/nic/Install_Vista_6227_10192009.zip

From what I can tell, the remaining drivers should be installed by Vista. If you still have uninstalled devices in the device manager after using these drivers, please post exactly what they are so we can try to track 'em down for you....
    :-D

5. No-one

No-one Private E-2

Thanks the drivers worked like a charm apparently...
    once she had installed the ethernet driver and video driver they appear to have automaticallly updated themselves...

Thanks hugley again, :)

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

@dlb
    you are a wizard, I spent hours searching for those and kept coming up blank [​IMG]

7. mindbreaker

mindbreaker Private E-2

Hi

I can't access the FTP links, they give me '530 Login incorrect' error :/ Do you have any ideas why?

Thanks

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:celebrate Glad I could help!

Yeah, they're doing the same thing for me now too. They were direct FTP links for the drivers, and I think that the host (Realtek) changes the FTPs every 24-48 hours or so. Here's links to the download pages, they aren't direct links but will work just fine....
    Ethernet: http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...102E(L)/RTL8101E/RTL8103T<br>RTL8401/RTL8401P
    Wireless: http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...peID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8187SE

:-o Awwww.... shucks.... Thanks! I've been finding obscure drivers for YEARS and have become pretty freakin' good at it by now. My boss at work (a guy with 20+ years in computer repair) doesn't even bother trying to find 'em anymore, he says "Dave- I need a Win2000 driver for a NIC card with an XYZ chipset made by company ABC" and I find it. LOL

(Also- for this particular PC, I had a thread here in the MG driver forum that listed the XP drivers and I used that to find the Vista drivers ;) )

[dlb]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds