Help me overclock.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abraham2nd, Jun 15, 2012.

1. abraham2nd

abraham2nd Private E-2

2. LTLSU

LTLSU Private E-2

Prescott cpu is socket 775 and it runs very hot. I don't recommend a novice to overclock it at all.

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

I would not Recommend it either unless you can get a Aftermarket Cooler.

775 Pentium 4 2.80 is as fast as your going to get with a single core cpu.

They tend to create tons of heat as is.And you could all so burn it up if you try to OC this cpu.775 if this is a Dell or other model computer it will most likely be locked down any way.So you cant OC it any how That's what i am guessing.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Personally OCing is a waste of time and effort unless you have deep pockets to be able to buy new hardware if you blow something up, but looking at your specs I would nto bother and for one reason in the main your RAM is holding you back as you have mixed ram DDR 200 and DDR 400 modules so your 1GB of DDR 400 is running at DDR 200 speed as ram will run at the lowest speed sick used.

loose the DDR 200 and your PC will likely run better, would run much better with an extra 1GB of DDR 400 ram, but the DDR 200 is holding you back.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds