case temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ubermensch, May 12, 2004.

1. ubermensch

ubermensch Private E-2

hello.
    i have a 3 months old computer which i built myself.
    p4 3.2ghz
    pc3200 1gb corsair w/ heat spreader
    asus p4c800-e deluxe mobo
    maxtor 120gb hd
    nvidia fx5700 ultra 128mb video card
    6 case fans. 2 in front for intake. 1 on top intake. 1 on side, 2 in rear for outake.

in the beginning, the temp was at around 70-75farenheit (21-24 celcius) but now, the temp goes from 80-90F ( 27-32celcius ).
    is that safe?? or do i need to get more coolings??

thx.

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Hi ubermensch

Thats a pretty reasonable temperature you have there ;)

Dont think you need more cooling looks like you got that pretty much covered, but if you want to be extra safe make sure all your cables etc in your case are all cable tied up and tucked away so as not to block the airflow from front to back

Btw thats a pretty sweet rig youve built there :cool:

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

to elabourate a little further, you might wanna invest in rounded cables for everything if youre really serious about getting that temp down. Most of the time case temps are down to the ambient room temperature around the PC.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds