Are Blackberry's all they are cracked up to be?

Discussion in 'Software' started by BluesMan, Oct 3, 2008.

1. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

Yeah im still shuffling thru phones trying to find a new one. Keep coming back to the BB 8330 even though I have never had a BB. Just can't seem to find somethign that I really like. All the phones that catch my interest are either way to expensive, 500+, or only released in Europe.

Just wondering what the general thought is on BB's? Useful? Overhyped?

2. BluesMan

BB8330 was a bust. couldn't jive with the trackball and super small print on the screen, browser was awful.

Guess it's time to take a look at the iPhone 3G...

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Yeah...browser is bad. I don't have one, but hubby does and I've tried to go online with it. It's slow and not good. He mainly uses it for email (company pays for it) and nothing else. It's very good for that.

My sis has an iphone. Loves it. She uses it for everything including browsing. Screen is still small but you can increase the font size with the touch screen. They are hammering people on price now, though.

Have you looked at the LG dare? Same idea as the iphone. I don't have it, so can't say how it performs though.

4. BluesMan

Yes I did and it looked pretty cool. Played with it for a minute but wasn't that impressed. The idea of having wifi and it synching with outlook for work is what's catching my eye on the iPhone.

5. BluesMan

just watched the demo online again on youtube and I found out we now get a nice discount thru verizon. I may just go with a Dare for now with unlimited txt, etc, but no data plan and see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

6. BluesMan

BB Storm is due out very soon. Gonna try and hold out for it. Looks like a great phone with tons of features.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds