Wifi: Belkin 54 + Laptop connection times out every 5 minutes!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by delamitri, Aug 4, 2005.

1. delamitri

delamitri Private E-2

Hi, I trying to use my wifi witht he laptop ASUS M6000V and my new Belkin 802.11G Access point.

Wep configured.
    No Wap.

Connections works, but every 5minutes i loose connection even though the wifi wizard doesnt say so.

I get time out while msn'ing, while surfing and most anoying while gaming.

Iv tried moving it to diffrent places, didnt help.

Any ideas?

2. delamitri

delamitri Private E-2

I have a screenshot of NetStumbler while doing nothing -> gaming (wolfet) -> and doing nothing again.

Wifi connection seems to get lost.

Anyone else had this exprience?

[Screenshot]
    [Screenshot]
    [​IMG]

3. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Alot has to do with the Wifi adapter, due to what interference it may pick up can cause it to loose the signal from the A/P. You may want to try a different channel, and place the A/P in a way that it will not pick up any interference from any electrical devices.

I had a Dlink Router that would do the same thing and hated it, so I ended up going with Linksys.

4. delamitri

delamitri Private E-2

I will try it tonite, thank you.
    Btw, there is already an existing Access point from the neibhours on channel 11.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds