BSOD installing Realtek AC97 audio driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by tyler305, Sep 22, 2011.

1. tyler305

tyler305 Private E-2

I need help! Im am beyond frustrated with this computer! I have a Gateway E2000 CEL which Gateway does not support of course. I have reformated computer and have windows SP3 installed now. Everthing works great except the audio drivers.

Chipset is I845G
    Motherboard says Intel Rexburg D845GRG
    Audio Controller says intel 82801 DBM ICH4

i have already tried the following:

Updated chipset from Intel. This worked fine but no audio.

i have dowloaded Soundmax drivers several different ones) all say no audio driver found at end of install.

I tried to install the drivers for Realtek AC97 and I get the BSOD at the end of install, the screen apears so quick i cant read error codes and the computer restarts itself

How do i get the correct audio drivers for this computer?

Thanks!

2. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi and welcome to MG's,

Please could you run everest ..... http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Click Report (top menu) > Report Wizard > Next
    Choose System Summary Only > Next
    Choose Plain Text > Finish and wait for report to generate
    Click Save to File and leave the File Name as Report, then click the Save as Type dropdown and choose Report files (*txt) and click Save (n.b. Save to desktop is best as easy place to find it, use Browse to locate desktop)

Add the report in your next post like this.....

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

once I have the report i will be able to point you to the correct solution for your issue.

4. tyler305

tyler305 Private E-2

ok Thanks for that! As far as I know I have all the latest windows updates. Also I have downloaded the chipset driver from Intel, and after that the Audio driver Intel said to download for my motherboard (D845GRG.) After this driver was almost finished downloading when I got the BSOD. The computer reset itself. I have followed much of the suggestions on here about this problem without success. Any help is greatly appreciated! Attached is my everest report.

Attached Files:

5. tyler305

tyler305 Private E-2

Oh one more thing, I forgot to mention my computer is a Gateway E2000. Gateway does not support or have the drivers for this computer. I tried the soundmax drivers for the E2100 but they did not install. I got a message saying no driver installed.

6. tyler305

tyler305 Private E-2

Problem solved! :)

I'm going to post another message for all Gateway E2000 users with sound problems, so monitors please stickey my next post. So as I previously stated I did all updates for Windows, and used Intel's website to install the chipset drivers for my motherboard.

MPC Corp bought certain Gateway model computers including mine (E2000CEL). The ONLY sound driver I got to work finally after trying numerous other drivers from Intel and Soundmax was the one at MPC's website. The driver page for the Gateway E2000 can be found here.

http://www.mpcdrivers.com/apps/fileliste2000PIV.html

Just chose "run" the driver installs under c:/cabs/7512451
    run the setup.exe file in the 7512451 folder
    reset the computer and you are good to go!

DO NOT USE INTEL'S SOUND DRIVER FOR THE GATEWAY E2000! YOU WILL GET THE BSOD AND IT WONT WORK! GATEWAY'S DRIVER FOR THE E2100 DOES NOT WORK FOR THE E2000.

I hope this helps other Gateway E2000 users. It may work for other users with the Intel motherboard D845GRG

7. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

Awesome, glad you got it sorted and most of all thanks for the update on the fix! :major

8. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Is there any yellow question mark in device manager ? If yes follow the path

start - Run mmc devmgmt.msc in yellow question mark push right over it - properties - details - navigate to hardware ids option - post the code to us , it was too late helping you to solve the problem , enjoy your sound , i am really sorry !!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds