Symantec 10.2 for Vista Home Premium

Discussion in 'Software' started by taskwon, Sep 26, 2007.

1. taskwon

taskwon Private E-2

Hello World!!

I have a quick question for all; I have a user that just bought a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, now she wants to use it here at our school (my job). I tried to install Symantec 10.2 client, of course unmanaged since she will be traveling from campus to campus. My problem is that I keep getting an error. While Symantec is installing it says that the set-up was interrupted and only Live update is installed but not the antivirus software itself. Now, I have read all I can about Vista, but nothing works. I have made sure I ran the setup under administrator and I made sure file and printing sharing was enabled. Any help would be great!!

Have a good day partners!!

Taskwon

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Do you remember if you selected the option to Run LiveUpdate during the installation?

If so, try the installation again and "deselect" the Run LiveUpdate option.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds