Annoying IE script error - object expected...

Discussion in 'Software' started by rquig, Jan 27, 2007.

1. rquig

rquig Private E-2

Greetings:

virtually every page I hit causes a script error pop-up with Error= object expected and a URL leading to a file in my local profile temp directory/NDr(##).tmp.html, with different numbers in the (##). Can't seem to skin it.

Installed and ran spybot, xoft, cccleaner. Have disabled script debugging and display of errors. Not sure if this is malware-related or something going on w/ IE as a result of something I may have inadvertently (incompletely??) deleted.

Only happens in IE - Netscape is fine. Error started in IE 6.0, I upgraded to 7.0 and it is still there.

Any hints appreciated!!!

2. rquig

rquig Private E-2

So...this is fixed.

I basically followed the instructions and ran hijack, read the instructions on what each output entry means and whether to select it for fixing...et voila, problem solved. There were some search pages that definitely didn't belong that I didn't recognize previously, not sure if that's root cause, but I'll take it.

Appreciate the toolsets and guidance to make this go away!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds