Old idea, new thread: Post your desktop!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mimsy, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I figured it was time we had another another desktop/wallpaper thread! :) This time around though, we're going to have two simple ground rules:

1. RE-SIZE YOUR SCREEN SHOT! :guns Every single time we have a thread like this we inevitably have some jerk taking a screen shot of a 1900x1200 wallpaper and posting the image in its native size, and effectively destroying the entire thread for everyone who is not browsing on a 24-inch monitor. If you're using a large monitor or a very high resolution (or most likely both) either re-size the thing or just don't post it. Show some basic courtesy.

2. Don't post anything that breaks the MG rules or the family friendly nature of the site. If your wallpaper shows a hot woman in her birthday suit, that's fine if you like that sort of thing, but please don't post it here where kids can see it and the site admins have to do something about it.

That out of the way, off we go! This is my current desktop:

[​IMG]

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Hoping 1024x768 is OK.

507268801.jpg

3. Mimsy

That looks awesome! Do you have a link to that wallpaper?

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Lucked into it while browsing for wallpapers.
    Thought it was funny and cute at the same time.

5. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Rated PG-13

Wheres TimW?? ;)

Attached Files:

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Should have figured that from the dirty Dawg.:-D

7. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

8. oma

oma MajorGeek

:cry :cry

Attached Files:

9. Mimsy

Okay, that is even more awesome! I must have that for work! Link, please? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease? :p

10. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

From my vacation to Tahoe last month.

Attached Files:

11. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

12. oma

oma MajorGeek

13. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

14. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I think I can get the record for lowest rez. Mine is"." Lol, plain black with a couple of icons. :-D

15. oma

oma MajorGeek

Does sound good Fred, but look at both of them, black and one is illegal. :-D

Attached Files:

16. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Two different ones, the Ubuntu 9.04
    [​IMG]

and Windows 7 x64 on main desktop, have other themes and wallapapers on the laptops and netbook.
    [​IMG]

17. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

ooo sparkles

18. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

if its the blue KDE Linux wallpaper thats sparkles Wenchie then download it HERE as I uploaded it for you.

19. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I'm a big fan of shiny. And sparkly. Don't tell people I'm actually a girl after all... and thanks! I like it. :)

All the desktops I've been making lately are screenshots of my game. Landscapes from within it.

See? >> Oooo Wowness << I'm officially made of lame.

20. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I'm the type person that sets there wallpaper and doesn't change it for a year or two sometimes.

And Yes I do have a dual monitor setup.

[​IMG]

21. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Just downloaded Flyakite OSX

Attached Files:

22. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

LOL, I need to find this and use it again. :-D

Attached Files:

23. Mimsy

Oh, nice Fred! LOL

24. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

This is from the NASA site - an artist's version of two planets colliding with each other.

Attached Files:

25. Mimsy

Got rid of the dock... it slowed down my games. :)

[​IMG]

26. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

27. oma

oma MajorGeek

No, this is not the chunk that got loose from Greenland. This iceberg's weight is estimated at 300 million ton. The other is from Matrix.

Attached Files:

28. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Santa Cruz Lighthouse and I do not remember where I downloaded this theme script. (I do not like the orange theme). The icons are Cyro64-red

Attached Files:

29. oma

oma MajorGeek

30. Mimsy

I do like them... They help me de-stress. :) I have one of the ocean stretching uninterrupted towards the horizon below a blue sky with some clouds on my computer at work. I'm not posting screen shots of the work PC here though. That would get me fired! :eek

Thanks for the link. Bookmarked it. :)

31. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Really thought this is cool !

Attached Files:

32. oma

oma MajorGeek

You're welcome Mimsy. Just like you I like wallpaper from nature. In the summer it's usually beach with palm trees or under sea pics. My brother who likes nature also sends me a lot of pps. files. Irfanview is a great tool to get wallpapers done from these pps files.

33. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

34. Kestrel13!

http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/get/56015 is where I been getteing most of mine lately.

@ Digital Locksmith.. :-D Bunnydarts.txt is for my boss, she wants a new dartboard for the pub and I found one at a good price, that's the link for it. Bunny is her nickname

35. oma

oma MajorGeek

If that's the case you can consider yourself very, very lucky. A treasure to enjoy. :)

36. Kestrel13!

aint it just. Got this one downloaded somewhere

37. Mimsy

38. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I have the best desktop ever... keeps children and viruses off my computer out of sheer terror

Attached Files:

39. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

BWWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAH

I just peed my self.. I'm glad my mug is helping to keep your pc running smoooooove.

40. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Makes my live in ex jealous too. I lied and said you were my swarthy mediterranean lover.

41. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Yaaaar.... I be the captain of this here desktop..

42. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yep, Ive seen his profile pic., too. ;)

43. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

hehehe.. Just call me wally..

44. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Well, I was saving this one to scare the kids off the computer for Halloween, but my D/Top Rulez!...
    [​IMG]roflmao

45. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

HAHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
    Gracing the DT's of at least 2 computers on the planet, if even for moments. :drool

46. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

You should post more pictures of yourself so we could make and entire desktop section and start a freeware movement to illiminate internet viruses and traumatize children EVERYwhere.

47. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Let me go shave Maj(*)r Geeks on my *** cheeks with the O right on the .. exit. Then I'll snap a keeper!

48. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

hey phantom.. have enough widgets to monitor stuff? jeez.. what ARE you monitoring? gravitational fields or something?

49. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Aw pumpkin, if you can corn row your *** cheeks you have much bigger problems.

50. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Yeah.. I have big feet and people keep coming to my door with Hound Dogs taking pictures and screaming SASQUATCH!! I'm like no.. that's my cousin. I'm SNATCHSQUATCH.. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds