ATI RADEON® Xpress 200M graphics controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sandigatto, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sandigatto

sandigatto Private E-2

I am new to forum - need assistance for my Toshiba Satellite Laptop. Continue to get a blue screen indicating the ATI graphics card may need to be replaced. I have been looking on-line to buy a new card but do not know which one to buy.

ATI RADEON® Xpress 200M graphics controller was copied from my installed hardware list in the Satellite - So I assume that this is the device needing replacement.​

I do not know which graphics card is the right one for my laptop - I see 5 ports but most of the cards I see do not match my computer​

I do not want to spend alot of money replacing this card​

What other information do I need from my computer and/or specs from the video card do I need to consider​

Also, I have Windows XP and Office 2003. I see these cards are running on VISTA - does that create a problem for me?

Immediate response requested.:banghead​

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Contact Toshiba and see if the graphics card can be replaced. In most laptops this is NOT possible. If it an be replaced, you will probably have to buy it through Toshiba because it would be specific to your laptop. The cards you see for sale or for desktop computers. No, you can't use a desktop graphics card in a notebook.

Also look for drivers. Maybe only the driver for your laptop card needs to be upgraded. Again, the safest place to check is Toshiba. If they have no drivers but only the specs of the notebook, go to ATI, the next safest place. Be very careful and look over everything. If you install the wrong driver, you could end up with no display and a useless notebook because even an external monitor would show nothing.

3. sandigatto

sandigatto Private E-2

Thanks Plodr,

Just yesterday I discovered that the motherboard and the graphics card are integrated.

I will ask Toshiba for help with getting the right driver fro my laptop. stupid question: Is the driver a hardware or software item?

Sandigatto

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The driver is software. It is a "program", usually downloaded from, in your case, the Toshiba site.
    If they do not have a driver download section, ask if you an get a CD with the drivers for your notebook on it.

5. sandigatto

sandigatto Private E-2

This is the coolest site ever! I REALLY appreciate the everyone at Major Geeks for bringing this site to the public. Ya'll are jst a blessing.

Much Gras

Sandigatto:clap

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds