Move Email to Another User Account

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pat Brown, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Pat Brown

Pat Brown Private E-2

I am usning Win XP and my girlfriend gets the email off our ISP server so it all ends up in outlook express in her user account. So I would like to be able to move MY emails so that they show up in outlook express in MY account when I log in.

Is there an easy way to do this? If not, what folder contains these emails so I can cut them out and paste them into the corrisponding folder in my account settings?

2. XSwiftX

XSwiftX Private E-2

Try creating a new folder and moving the emails that are your into it. Then go to files-export-messages, select the folder that your emails are in and follow the instructions. Then open your account and import the backup you just created.

I think it should be pretty close to that anyway. I use Outlook and it is a bit different but should be similar enough that it should work.

3. Pat Brown

Pat Brown Private E-2

That sounds reasonable. I'll give it a shot when I get home. Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds