Can't hear MIDI!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aDcOoL, Dec 27, 2004.

1. aDcOoL

aDcOoL Private E-2

Alrighty I'm a first time poster here, and I am VERY CONFUSED, so don't yell at me when I don't make any sense.

Alrighty I have a keyboard, and I want to play songs on them and then they go onto the computer...(perferably with 'Sound Recorder').
    I have the equipment I need. The cable that goes from the "Out" spot from the keyboard into the "In" spot of the EDIROL USB MIDI INTERFACE UM-1SX thing, which leads to the usb port into my computer. I installed the drivers with the CD that came with it. I notice that there is no "MIDI" section in the Volume controls or the Recording Controls, is there supposed to be?
    Now I want to play stuff on the keyboard and have it come out on Sound Recorder. Right now when I do it it just doesn't do anything...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this..but..blah I'm so confused!
    Please help! :)

2. PC Jedi Master

PC Jedi Master Private E-2

Go to Properties on Sound Recorder/Volume Control, and put a check mark next to MIDI Synth. Tell me if this helps!

3. aDcOoL

aDcOoL Private E-2

I don't have a MIDI Synth!
    I have:

Master Volume:
    Master Volume
    Wave
    SW Synth
    Aux
    Video
    CD Audio
    Line In
    Microphone
    Phone Line
    PC Speaker
    (and in Options -> Properties they're all checked off)

Recording Control:
    Stereo Mix
    Mono Mix
    Aux
    Video
    CD Audio
    Line In
    Microphone
    Phone Line
    (and in Options -> Properties they're all checked off)

Help? :p Do I need a new Soundcard?

4. aDcOoL

aDcOoL Private E-2

5. aDcOoL

aDcOoL Private E-2

6. aDcOoL

aDcOoL Private E-2

7. aDcOoL

aDcOoL Private E-2

BUMP! :p

8. PC Jedi Master

PC Jedi Master Private E-2

Well, I don't really know what's wrong, unless your MIDI controller is turned off on the mobo or something...if that's even possible.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds