Dynamic Disk missing wont reactivate

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ASA, Mar 22, 2005.

1. ASA

ASA Private E-2

Athlon XP 1800, XP pro on C: w/ two 60G Maxtors setup as Dynamic disks on promise ultra 100 IDE controller.
    Disks are my storage, backups, standby folders, etc. they both have the same sort of stuff and either of them are freqently removed or replaced during the course of......screwing around. I have aquired a bunch, ($20. garage sale Machines, 200-600 Mhz) They are my "Crash Car Dummies", enabling me to experiment with componet swaping, compatibility issues and aggresive learning techniecs, Without Fear of error.
    But I am very fond of my hard drive collection, I can crack away and if I did something to angre the OZ, I mean O.S. and it wont boot, I'll take away his master pin and make him a slave and march him straight to....FORMAT. In cmd. diskpart shows the dynamic disk missing , no drive letter, wont focus object, and the drive wont show anywhere unless partner is hooked up , the volume info of its exsistance is probable read on the working disk, on the ultra control only,...if I connect the scrambled disk as slave to boot disk on primary connector, it No Boots, the bar goes across screen bottom then the frozen arrow, no C: activities light, no clicking. I can resort to the only option availible in disk management and......Delete Volume, and start fresh ntfs format, but I am challenged and want to overcome unscathed. If I did scratch and do over, Im woundering if "Deleted Files" App could read under naaaa. I think its Hex got scrambled.
    Lastly, the drive is opperational, cables, jumpers, platters spinnin, head clicks only at boot querry. In cmos it shows as Maxtor calipso w/o spec #s. Im not in crisis but Im good and stumped............Help Mr. Wizzard........

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds