Gmail lockdown

Discussion in 'Software' started by Laskid, May 4, 2005.

1. Laskid

Laskid Private First Class

Has anybody ever seen a Gmail lockdown message? A buddy of mine is trying to get into his gmail, but he gets a message that says the account is on lockdown due to suspicious activity and that he should uninstall any third party apps that interact with gmail and try again in 24 hrs. The only thing he uses is the notifier and it's been 4 days. Any clues? Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Wouldnt think it was the official Gmail Notifier that would cause this, he doesnt use Gmail Drive does he as possibly Google are clamping down on 3rd party apps that connect to their servers.

He doesnt email like mad from that account does he as a high turnover of emails per day may alert them to him as potential spammer?

could have him email
    for help?

3. Laskid

Laskid Private First Class

He just uses it normally. He's emailed google, but he only gets the auto response and nothing further. I'd like to know how to fix it in case it happens to me!

4. lorilu

lorilu Private E-2

mine was locked down and it was for more than 24 hrs I think it was 3 days . I use incredimail but they are the ones that help me set it up . I belong to a lot of yahoo groups so yes I do have a lot of high volume mail , But that is the reason I wanted gmail . I mean if I had a rgular amount of mail why would I need a Big email box? So I am now on ukonline and someone gave me a list of big email boxes . I learned that Gmail is not as good as it sounded . i mean it devasted me for days not being able to get into my own email . and that auto response is a joke

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

The other thing to remember with Google is.. its still Beta and as such subject to going funky now and again.

Doesnt seem from the search I did earlier anything on Gmail Help about this or much on any forums as to a resolution or fix... most peeps just left their Gmail alone for a few days.

One option is as most Gmail users have 50+ invites to give away is to open a new account ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds