Netgear Wireless G Router Help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mblgjr, Aug 22, 2006.

1. mblgjr

mblgjr Private E-2

Hi all,

I have a Netgear WGT624 v2 108mbps Wireless G router.

Router has worked fine for quite a while. It was plug and play out of the box.

However, I have currently lost the ability for it to connect to the internet. No settings have intentionally been changed. Modem and Router have been reset (in simplest terms).

I can connect to the wireless network, but cannot connect to the internet via the wireless network.

I have a PPPoE type connection. I have no idea what that means, but I do know that I have to log into my modem (Westell unit, black) if I lose power or my ISP (BellSouth, DSL connection) drops signal.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to get this up and going again, I surely would appreciate it.

I know my IP address, Subnet Mask, and default gateway.

I am reasonable computer literate in terms of following operations, so give me some ideas because I'm out at this point.

I am running a TrendMicro Firewall and AntiSpyware, however, they are not blocking the unit. I've turned them completely off and this didn't change anything.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Have you checked the firewall settings on both the system you are on and the one/s you wish to access?? I know it might sound obvious and/or dumb to state the obvious, but sometimes things get missed!!

Roger

3. dchristman

dchristman Private E-2

If you connect directly to the modem hard wired are you able to get out to the internet? If so you it's the router. When you say you reset your router I'm assuming powering off and on. Have you tried hard wiring into the router and seeing if you could get an internet connection then? Have you tried doing an actual reset on the router by hitting the reset button that will clear out all your wireless settings?

4. mblgjr

mblgjr Private E-2

I've checked the firewall and COMPLETELY disabled it, that did nothing.

I can hardwire to the modem and connect, which is how I am now. No problems with that.

I can also hardwire through the router and obtain a connection.

However, the wireless connection can't connect to the internet. I can connect to the wireless network itself with no issues.

Both the modem and router have been reset by the buttons on the back to no avail.

Keep trying guys.

Thanks for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds