MpCmdRun.exe error

Discussion in 'Software' started by GrreatRon, Dec 19, 2007.

1. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

This error has been popping up recently and when I terminate the program I don't see any difference. Is this something I should be concerned about and how can I correct it.

Here is what the window shows:

MpCmdRun.exe Application error

The instruction at "0x10008ea9" referenced memory at "0x10023000" The memory could not be "written"

Then I click OK and the window goes away.

Thanks for your insights!!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

MpCmdRun.exe is part of Windows Defender.

First thing I would try is reinstalling it. What operating system are you having this problem on?

3. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

XP Home

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Alright, if needed, you can redownload Windows Defender from Majorgeeks.

Simply uninstall via Add/Remove programs. (Post back if you need help, but I'm assuming you don't)

5. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

OK I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and I just got the message again. Any other suggestions?

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Okay, at this point, I would be looking at the event logs for errors and/or warnings relating to Windows Defender (particularly in the Application and System logs).

If you find anything, please post back with the event ID number, the source, and the exact error description.

I've attached a screenshot of what the errors SHOULD look like:

[​IMG]

7. GrreatRon

GrreatRon Sergeant

I wanted to send you copies of the logs but it came up in .evt format - is there a way to save it in a different format?

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do a screen capture and post the image.
    1. Click Print screen
    2. Open Paint (Programs/accessories)
    3. Paste it into there and maybe cut it down to size if it is large.

9. florencecity

florencecity Private E-2

yes, i had the same problem.. and it was useful. thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds