One of those Days

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gal1998, Aug 30, 2005.

1. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

One of those days we all have once in a while.
    Had to take my daughter to visit a place she may go during the day while I am at work.
    Some of you know, she is 21, but mentally only 4-7.

My other daughters had been watching her during the summer, but now they go back to school, so need to find a place for her. There is no option of me quittting work at this time.
    Where I had planned on her going, we can no longer do. Is in a different county. But, she spent 14 years of school there, so was very well known and liked throughout the community. We thought it would work, but new laws(money) stopped it from happening.
    The place we went to visit today was so unlike what she is used to. There is no one her age there (mentally or biologically). Is a very small place.
    She had been working shredding paper, but they do not have that there. The only thing she could that they have is to count the holders for coins and package them.
    I am so depressed. She is a very loving person and while some of the other people there did respond to her, most did not.

I sure hope this is temporary and we can get in her in a group home in the county she was in. If she lived in the county, could continue services there. This will be costing us around $66 a day. Not sure yet if she qualifies for some programs.

Ok, I needed to say this. Now back to being a Mom.

Gal

2. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

I can relate a bit...I`ve a 42 year old brother that is challenged both physically and mentally but has a heart as big as the wide outdoors. The family situation has changed in a BIG way in the last few months and all of a sudden there is a bit of a situation. I can`t offer any advice other than do what is best for you. That`s what we`ve done...and no two situations are the same. It seems that we`ve managed to get through the worst of the crisis here...and keep my dear brother home. It may take some sacrifice...and some hardship...but hey, people are people and FAMILY IS FAMILY...

3. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

My aunt has 2 autistic boys who are pushing 17... i can understand what you're going through... they will eventually need placement somewhere as they enter into adulthood

4. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Thank you Sasquatch and Anhedonic for your replies.
    Yes, family is very very important. I had always planned on having her live at home with us. Realistically, it probably isn't the best decision for her. I do want her close, though.

Thanks again.
    Gal

5. scouse

scouse Corporal

Hey Gal the Scouse family wishes you and your daughter all the best in getting what is best for your daughter, i hope everything works out for you all.

6. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Yeah, I have had to look after (and still do), disabled family members. It'd not easy, but it is better than whatever comes second.

Look luck with it all, Gal. :)

7. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

Thank you scouse and phantom. It may take time, but things will work out. Been thru worse things with her. Guess I was just a little depressed yesterday.

Gal

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds